Saturday, May 23, 2009

ANOTHER DAY IN TANGO-VILLE


I think it's Saturday!

Yesterday we went to a few more shoe stores with the girls: Neotango, Tango Leike and we also went to the DNI store to see about getting some tango pants and clothes. None of the girls ended up getting anything but I did some cute clothing shopping:)

Then we had class with Jose Luis - our Argentine assistant. I showed up late but he had already started working on the students' connection and their walk. This was great. We spent 2 hours with him and then got ready to go to an early milonga (same place as the nite before but whole different crowd). It got really crowded for a 7pm milonga. I was surprised.

The crowd was alittle older for the most part but it got packed! We had a nice time.... we had 1 little incident with an old lecherous milonguero preying on 1 of our beautiful students on the dance floor. This I think happens on ocassion and usually only once... The assistants were gracious and kind and the group offered great support. I believe she felt well supported. I feel like I could comment more on this and this might be necessary but I think the group is dying to head out to Recoleta: to the cemetary and to the Feria.

I will put up more pictures on the milonga last nite and our FABULOUS dinner at La Gran Taberna when I return.

I think we're all a little sleep deprived but we're lookin' happy and the weather has been so mild - it's perfect for us arizonans!


No comments:

Post a Comment